Simple and quick pasta dish. This makes one serving. Multiply linearly.
- 4 oz Spaghetti
- 4 oz Guanciale or Pancetta, 1/2 inch chop. Bacon can be substituted, sacrilegiously.
- 1 pcs Large Egg
- 0.25 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 0.25 tbsp Black Pepper, or to taste
- Start spaghetti in salted water. While this cooks,
- Render guanciale fat. This can be removed from heat while the pasta finishes cooking. While this renders,
- Combine egg(s), cheese, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Drain pasta, save some water.
- Remove guanciale from heat.
- Add some pasta water to guanciale.
- Carefully stir in the egg/cheese mixture with low heat, so that it becomes a sauce rather than scrambled eggs.
- Serve, sprinkle more cheese if desired.