Simple mac and cheese recipe. Serves 4 or so.
(with alternate measurements)
Dry Macaroni 8oz 227g Butter 0.25cup 4tbsp Flour 0.25cup 30g Salt 0.5tsp Milk 2cups 490g Shredded cheese 8oz 227g
- Start the macaroni
- Melt the butter in a separate sauce pan
- Add flour to the butter, cook on low-medium heat until creamy. This mixture is called a roux.
- Slowly add milk to the roux, stirring it in until it is smooth, and has no lumps
- Add cheese to the roux/milk sauce
- When the macaroni is done, drain well, and mix with the cheese sauce
Original recipe from allrecipes.com